Welcome to my blog, Write To Live. This is a blog dedicated to the literary works of Michael Beers as well as an informational blog about writing.

Don't forget to become a LiveWriter by following us via Blogger or e-mail.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snowstorms Galore

Is it just me or am I going to rejoice in the end of winter?
This winter has been one of the worst I have ever remembered.  Once things have finally warmed up, we end up getting another ton of snow.  And it's on a day when I was going to be giving a presentation to our college's Writer's Guild.

WILL IT EVER END?!

I swear, I need to write a story about it.  Then again, that doesn't make for a bad idea....

WRITER'S TIP OF THE WEEK

Inspiration, it's everywhere.  When you get stuck, you need to look at events around you and find a way to exploit it into a story.  For example, the snow I am getting up here could be made into a great story (and I'm formulating the idea as I write this).

So, for an exercise, try to write out what is happening in your life.  Then, see if you can try to use each one as a title of a story.  If you can't seem to get started with it, try writing out more details about each event and see what stems from there.


WRITER'S BLOCK HELPER

The snow poured down upon the ground, calling young James to bed.


QUOTE OF THE WEEK

"You fail only if you stop writing."
~Ray Bradbury

No comments:

Post a Comment